In 2013, I...
- turned 33.
- asked a lot of mysterious and random questions of my LiveJournal friends, as I fact-checked elements of a story.
- got slooooowly back in touch with Ruth, Lesley and LJ, my old university friends, in an attempt to make human contact outside of work.
- discovered the time-wasting potential of TrendHunter.com
- ... and via the above, discovered the joys of mash-up fan art by Amy Mebberson
, Karen Hallion
- spent more money than I ought to in The Works
- realised that I need to put a time limit on how long I write, because spending too long leaves me grumpy and depressed. On that basis, I made a deal with Mum to stop her nagging me about writing, but she has recently started again...
- tidied my wardrobe (well, most of it).
- went on holiday to Jersey and learned that four-star hotel menus are not all that.
- got new bosses at work and watched an already-bad situation get worse, ugh.
- and as a result of the above, got more and more cynical and sharp-tongued.
- got rid of the task of clerking the Coleraine family courts!... then got it back again, thanks to said new bosses >.<
- got obsessed with paint colour names and colouring-in books.
- read a lot (but then, I do that every year).
- re-started using my local library, although most of the time I borrow books with absolutely no intention of reading them. *guilty look*
- bought a re-useable calendar of "calming thoughts" and promptly started to disagree with them.
- watched Strictly Come Dancing
for the first time and loved
it. My only quibble is that it's on too early in the evening, which leaves you scrabbling to find something to watch from 8 o'clock on...
- watched "The Day of the Doctor" on 23 November and fell in love with Doctor Who
again (I had drifted away from the show following a... family incident which had been started by this episode
- started listening to my pop and rock CDs again, after several years of only playing instrumental and classical music. I blame the pop radio station which my workmates tune into (and which I can't stand).
- applied for two new jobs and a transfer... didn't get any of them.
- got a bonus woohoo!
- gave up on taking packed lunches to work.
- did NOT join any dating websites... but thought about it. A lot.
- made a necklace.
- bought the same style of shoes
as I had last year.
- wrote in pink.
- FINALLY got a passport. And still haven't used it.
- err, downloaded spyware like an idiot >.< Luckily in the middle of doing so, I mentioned what I was doing to my brother, so he got straight on to removing it.
- wrote this list.